Sunday, August 24, 2008

Room Update






















































I know it's been awhile since our last post.  I was waiting for the baby's room to be finished to post pictures of it.   I  should have known that completing the baby's room would not be a one weekend or two weekend event. I've discovered it's more of a process then a weekend project!  Jeff is a perfectionist when it comes to his projects and he wants his baby girl's room perfect.  Jeff's dad taught him many things in the 15 years he had him before his surgery left him disabled.  One of the lessons Jeff has held true to is that if you are going to  do something, do it right.  Needless to say, he has put a lot of time and heart into his little girl's room.   We are so excited with the way it is turning out.  We are almost ready to move in furniture and decorate walls.  Jeff painted the room "sassy lilac" (we found that fitting!) and white, hung crown molding and a chair rail, and laid hard wood flooring.  I am not sure the pictures I took do it justice, but you can get an idea of what it looks like so far.  As for me, I feel great!  I am 31 weeks today- time is going so fast! Going back to work has tired me more then I thought....I miss those afternoon naps!  The baby moves all the time which I take as a good sign.  I go back to the doctor this week to see if she is still breech or if she has turned herself around.  
I guess that is all for now.  When we have more pictures of the finished room, I will post them.

6 comments:

Madeline Jade said...

Hey Guys!
Kylie's room is going to be beautiful! Jeff is doing such a good job! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Love, Sarah

Aunt Jaime said...

Looks great!!!

Kelly said...

Hey Emmi! How are you feeling? The room is looking good. Avah's room is a similar shade of purple and we love it. I can't wait to see pictures of the bedding. Do you guys have a name picked out yet? I can't wait to meet her. Love, Kelly

mom and dad said...

The room is looking great! I cannot wait to see it in person with all the finishing touches. I guess that I better get busy on those cirtains! Love mom

Kristin Clawson said...

Hey Emmi,
Jeff the room looks great!! Now comes the fun part "DECORATING". Can't wait to see the finished product!! Love ya, Kristin

All 4 My Gals said...

Emmi I am so excited for you guys! Also happy to have found your blog so that I can share in your journey.
Much love, Nicole, Tarenne and the gals